INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – These days, a lot of women are always on the go. They barely have time to put on makeup, let alone give their makeup bags a deep cleaning. But did you know, those bags are a breeding ground for dangerous bacteria and could harm your health?

Just this year, a terrifying story came out of Australia. The Daily Mail reported a 27-year-old woman wound up paralyzed after using her friend’s makeup brush. Turns out, a staph infection got to her spine and left her in a wheelchair.

While experts admit, this is a rare case, dirty makeup bags can lead to all kinds of health problems.

FOX59’s Aishah Hasnie tested four different makeup bags to find out what we’re exposing ourselves to.

>> See Video